Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sneak Peek at Owl Bag

Owls are a must have this season. I see them on clothes, artwork, jewelry and even Christmas decorations. Maybe during these tough economic times, we'd all like to be a wise owl.

I've been working on a new design for an owl zipper bag. The owl will be made from some cool upcycle fabrics and lots of stitching.


In the studio choosing fabrics. Definitely going with an earth friendly theme for this bag!

We're lucky to have an owl that occasionally perches on a branch of an oak tree in the backyard. This owl is very majestic looking. A great model for my design, but the owl I'm creating is going to be a bit more on the whimsical side.

I'm a little more than halfway finished with the owl.

After completing the owl, I'll start putting the bag together. This one will have a flat bottom so it stands on its own.

I'm also doing a new handle design which I'm excited to show you. Look for it later this week!